130 million Americans live with chronic illness. The aging population will increase the importance of addressing these issues for every practitioner. For many chronic illness affects every aspect of their planning; the impact of each illness is different. The impact of the same illness can vary substantially for each client with that illness. A review of the impact of a few sample diseases and how the differences can affect planning will be presented in a manner that provides an approach to deal with chronic illness generally.
• Insurance, investment and tax planning considerations.
• Client communications – how to address health issues with client to obtain the information you need to appropriately plan.
• Cognitive issues and chronic illness; emotional and psychological impact of chronic illness, impact on client and client’s family/loved ones.
• Using InterActive Legal resources to better serve these clients. • Drafting modifications to address chronic illness: living will; power of attorney; revocable trust; etc.
• Ancillary considerations: disability buy out and settlements; business succession, etc. The program will not discuss elder law/Medicaid planning.
Let us help increase the productivity and profitability of your practice.